To the update...

Here is my cute little cube! I felt so loved when I came in to my wing of the office :)
I finished orientation for the FLP on Thursday, July 9, had a FUN weekend hanging out with other staff members of the church and getting to know my host family more. Then on Sunday, I began for the first time on a Sunday morning. I don't think it was a typical Sunday. We started at 7:45am with set-up for the Junior High service at 9am, a DR meeting at 9:30am, the High School service at 10:45am, and done by 12:30pm. Normally, there are regional House Groups that do Bible Studies and small groups in the afternoon and evening, but they take a break due to all the summer events. Monday & Tuesday I was in the office and was waiting to be told what to do and who to help. Wednesdays are long days. It begins with FLP meeting at 8am. This week we studied Titus 1:1-4 in depth and reviewed MBC's Core Values & how they play out in our ministries. Then I'm in the office all afternoon and Youth Group at night, followed by a volunteer meeting. Today I am "off" to prepare for the DR trip & I'm keeping busy with laundry, packing, running errands, catching up on my emails, and some phone conversations with friends.
Please pray for the Lord's hand to be working in and through all of us on the trip. I'll be sure to take lots of pics & bring back stories to tell!
YOU HAVE YOUR OWN LITTLE CUBE!?! wow, rachel, its hit me, you're an adult!:);)
ReplyDelete