Sunday, October 25, 2009

How is it FALL already?

Whew. Life goes by fast.
The last few weeks have been a whirlwind! We began House Groups with our Junior High Ministry, which has been really great. I'm the leader for the RED House Group (we have colored regions broken down by cities), so I get to coordinate a lot of happenings for our team. I also get to lead the girls small group. I LOVE this! It is my passion and I cannot think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than with 15 girls talking about the Bible & thier lives.

Then I got to take a trip home October 7-13! MBC sent me & some friends from the program to Chicago to recruit at three Christian colleges. I was able to see a lot of friends at Wheaton, hang out with family and stay at Moody! It was a time that was needed after another 2 months of intense ministry.

And the last 10 days have been consumed with TERROR MAZE! I know...it sounds sketchy: a church doing a scare fest around halloween time and advertise a haunted house? That was my thought, too, especially when we started unloading coffins, fake bloody body parts, and skeletons. BUT after 7 days of 12 hours of work and over 300 volunteers, we had over 1600 students enter our doors to go through the maze on Wednesday & Friday nights. AND because the Lord is SO GOOD and we had so many people praying, there were over 500 spiritual decisions made!! Who would have thought!?!?

NOW...I have 2 days off, work for 2 full days, one more day to rest & off to the PHILIPPINES until November 10!
I have been so humbled with how the Lord has been moving in my life recently and I cannot wait to see what He does in and through me overseas. He is so good and so faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment