Yup, it's been over 4 weeks.
Yup, I've been busy.
Yup, no excuse...you all are busy, too.
Yup, I still don't know how to fix this dumb layout.
So, I moved from Warwick Way to Westwick Court. Great Falls to Sterling. Fairfax County to Loudoun County. Morgan & I are settled and life on my own is just as I imagined it...glorious. I'm loving the stage of life the Lord has me right now. I work to get the job done, have a fabulous boss & team, feel as though my ministry matters in the lives of believers, get to see my team minister in so many different ways to serve the body of Christ, and I know I'm growing in the Lord. I can see it in the way my heart has been giving in to letting go of "MY PLANS" and "MY DESIRES for MY LIFE." Silly me; I should have known that MY life is NOT MY OWN. Why would I have any reason to plan it?
So, here it is. A rainy Sunday afternoon. I've been at church since 9am. My belly is content after a yummy turkey & provolone on wheat sandwich I brought from home. Now I get ready for the service at 5:30. Then my week starts off all over again. And, I'm so content. But not in these circumstances because things are going well, but because I'm finally content in allowing the Lord to do HIS WILL in HIS SERVANT'S life. I've found if I'm looking for joy & contentment in my circumstances I will only end up disappointed & depressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment