Update for those who tell me to post more:
1. Job is going great. Like, GREAT! Things are picking up again & life is busy, but I do something I absolutely LOVE. In a few short weeks we will be going to inner-city DC for a week long mission trip. Please pray for those we will interact with as well as the Future Leaders that they will have a bigger heart for the people of DC and the gospel to be spread.
2. I'm going to ISRAEL!!!!! October 18 I will head up to NYC to meet our group & then we will fly out on the Holy Land Tour. I'm pumped to be going with our Senior Pastor & some of my Rock volunteer friends. We even are going on the extended trip to Sinai & Petra. When you go to the Holy Land it's go big or go home, right?!?
3. I'm coming home for a week at Thanksgiving. This is the longest I've been away from home (almost 6 months!) & funny how it is ok...I talk with my family & friends fairly regularly & miss them. But, Virginia is my home now & I can't imagine living anywhere else. When I'm in Chicago, I miss VA & my life here. Funny how the Lord gives you contentment & peace when you're in His will, huh? :)
4. Love life. I know you all want to know. No news. Ha! HA! But the men are coming out of the wood works & I've been on a lot of dates with great guys, just not THE guy, yet... I'm just thankful for the vast amount of "other fish in the sea"
5. Just got back from our weekend Fall retreat. It was SO FUN! I love getting to know more & more people within the body of Christ. Our pastor challenged us on what it means to really be the church. It was refreshing & encouraging, so for that I'm thankful.
6. "Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these 40 years, to humble you & to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands" (Deut. 8:2). In that land in between Egypt & the Promised Land, the people forgot all the wonderful works the Lord had done for them, to redeem them. So, he humbled them, to see where their heart was. He gave them commands to obey. Don't forget all the ways the Lord has saved, redeemed, led, and provided for you. Remain humble & keep your heart set in His ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment