The past few weeks have been a lesson in trials & choosing to THANK the LORD in spite of them.
1. I found out 3.5 weeks ago that I have to move (like be out in 3.5 weeks!).
One problem...I don't have anywhere to move to.
Back to the Host Home/West Wing I go (Thank you, Lord, for providing hospitable people in our church!).
2. I was on a retreat with FLP Tuesday-Friday in OBX, flying to Chicago Saturday-Monday with the Rock, on FL retreat in PA Tuesday-Friday. Thats 2 weeks out of the office (Thank you, Lord for an assistant & boss to keep the plates spinning, an iphone to check emails, and a job!).
3. By BFF is going through one of the deepest, darkest valleys of her life, and I can't be there. I want to cry with her, not just on the other side of a computer screen (Thank you, Lord for technology to communicate in an instant though a thousand miles away).
4. I've been let down by a dear friend. The love & service I showed was not reciprocated (Thank you, Lord for YOUR love time & time again when I don't respond to your love & sacrifice for me).
The past few times we have sung Phil Wickham's song "You're Beautiful" I lose it at the last chorus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvCtoIj3bOY
When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory & tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we'll sing
You're Beautiful
I'm choosing to say the Lord is beautiful, His works are beautiful, and all He does is beautiful in my life. In all the trials I face, the trials of those around me, and the trials of those to whom I minister, I can only say You're Beautiful, Lord, by the grace of God. I know that it is HIS power at work, because of myself I would throw in the towel & quit.
But just as this blog is named and I recently got tattooed on my foot:
WALK by FAITH. LIVE by FAITH.
There is hope. We will have faith. Thank you, Lord, for you are beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment