Thursday, February 26, 2009

I am looking forward to Spring Break...a LOT! Not only to get out of Chicago, off campus, away from studies for 2 weeks, but, well, for a lot of reasons. California is a state I have only visited once. I was there for one week to stand up for my best friends, Kirra and Taylor, in their wedding. I had a wonderful time being shown around by them and spending time with the rest of the bridal party who are my dearest friends. But ever since then, I have been longing to go back and experience this wonderful land. I am looking forward to the warm weather, the Pacific Ocean (which I have only put my feet in twice!), and doing site seeing. I am looking forward to spending quality time with those I love and will miss dearly when our Moody days are over and we being "the real world" after graduation. I am REALLY looking forward to reading. I get to do a lot of it at school, but have had a stack of books that has been growing since summer and over Christmas of my "leisure reading" but I never got around to any of them. So, I thought I would share the list with those who take the time to read this blog. Let me know if you have heard anything about any of these books, since I don't know which one to start first! I've put where I heard or got these books, just in case you were wondering how the randomness of them came about! :)

They are:
I Once was Lost by Don Everts & Doug Schaupp
(This was referenced by Jim Nicodem-Senior Pastor at CCC-in a sermon he gave this fall)
Why We are Not Emergent (By two guys who should be) by Kevin DeYoung & Ted Kluck
(I have been trying to figure out the whole Emergent Church for over 2yrs and these guys came to chapel last year)
Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
(Shauna is Bill Hybel's daughter and came to speak to all of the RAs at Moody...I was SO encouraged by her and her advice to us all)
Boundaries by Dr. Henry Clouds & Dr. John Townsend
(I have read a few chapters in this book in my psychology classes, but my parents got it for me for Christmas...do you think they are trying to tell me something???)

No comments:

Post a Comment