Rascal Flatt's new single, "Here comes good-bye" has made me think:
I hate good-byes. I am not a fan of change. Yet both happen and are inevitable in this life. I've always been the one that people say good-bye to, because I've lived in Illinois my entire life. So every time a youth pastor would announce he was leaving, a friend called to say she was moving, or some one's family was being relocated I had to say "good-bye" knowing life would not be the same, change was coming, and we would never have the same kind of relationship.
Now, it is my turn to say good-bye and be the one to leave. Moody has been my "home" for over 3 years, SixWest has been my residency for 2 years, and the time is coming to an end. I've known it is coming, but never wanted to accept it. Yet, here I am...6 weeks away.
All the incredible relationships I have made with people I go to school with will look so differently in a matter of weeks. I will live in a new place, not have any studying/schoolwork (hallelujah!), and have to adjust to a way of life different from anything I've ever experienced. But I'm thankful for the promise that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever"! Despite all the changes and goodbyes in life, we have a faithful, unchanging Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment