
We first met because we were women in the Youth Ministry major. We were also in the same RA interview group, where she was asked the question, "Out of all the women here, who would you pick to be a RA?" She answered me! Then, a few months later, I was initiated on her floor to be a RA. On initiation day, I was so embarrassed to be sitting in class in my goofy costume, but she came over and told me how excited she was to have me on her floor. SO, I asked her to be my Assistant RA and I depended on her for SO MANY tasks. She was the best! She took all the new freshmen under her wing & made them a part of our floor. She also served as the leader for ZOE, one of our women's ministries on campus & had 2 great years of encouraging women at Moody.
But my favorite memory is all the pranks we have pulled on each other. Ohh the stories we can tell!! :) But I still reign as champion to out-prank her! Below is a sign I made & put all around campus. She got calls, voice mails, texts, and comments in the halls for WEEKS! 
Seriously, though, Kristine was a friend that I never was looking for. I thought by my junior year in college I had my group & that was sufficient. Then we became closer. I went to her with problems on the floor, some personal advice, and always for a good time. After all the coffee dates we had, I always left so encouraged & feeling so humbled that the Lord had brought her into my life. Kristine always shared with me how she & Ryan have been praying for me. I am so thankful for them. And now they are off to do full-time ministry in Iowa! :) Who would have thought?!?!
Kristine, although Iowa is going to be a big transition for you, remember that you have been praying for a ministry to serve along with your husband. This church wants you two because of the Lord's hand in your life. Let Him continue to lead you, He will provide for you. I'm grateful the Lord brought you to Moody, brought you into my life, and what a blessing you have been to me. May your marriage to Ryan be pleasing in the eyes of the Lord, and may it be an example to all. I love you!
Rachel, i love you too. thanks for your sweet words and loving friendship! just so ya know, my pastor and the ladies in church were brainstorming with me to get you BIG at my wedding..."sigh." i might have to get you at YOUR wedding instead...
ReplyDeletei love you, friend!