Friday, January 15, 2010

It's OFFICIAL!

Dear friends,
Just wanted to update you all on a new adventure I am about to embark on. As you know, I was accepted into the Future Leader Internship program at McLean Bible Church outside of Washington, D.C. to serve in the Student Ministries. I was thrilled and this position & program could not have been a better fit for me at the time of graduating Moody & beginning “the real world.” About a month ago, I decided to apply for an open position within the church. After interviewing I was offered the job & I accepted it! So, I will no longer be serving in Student Ministries, but be the Assistant Director of Staff Development & Leadership. This means I will now oversee the Future Leader Program, help plan our Leadership Forum (similar to Willow Creek’s Leadership Summit), and coordinate staff leadership training meetings with guest speakers, our Leadership Team, and conferences. I am sad to be leaving the world of Student Ministries where I have all of my education & experience, but I know this will make me a much more well-rounded leader in ministry, as well as a big challenge. I know that I will have to rely more upon God & His strength than ever before. So, I am excited to see what He does & how He uses me in the coming months & years to disciple growing leaders in ministry.

Part of this new position will be traveling to colleges all over the country to find the best applicants for the Future Leader Program…so I am be coming to a college or university near you!

1 comment:

  1. RACH! I didn't know you had a blog! SO GLAD to hear your update! CONGRATS!!!!! What a great opportunity for you, I know you're going to grow leaps and bounds in your faith and relationship with God As WELL as growing as a person and learning about yourself and others. I'm so proud of you and excited! love to you, friend..:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete