Life has been absolutely CRAZY the past several months. I'm in full swing of my new position at church and LOVING it! I have had the opportunity to meet some incredible people who we are hoping to hire for our program. I've also been able to get to know our staff so much better with working in so many different areas of ministry. AND I LOVE THEM!
Here are some pictures of what I have been up to recently, as well:
OBX Trip with some of the Future Leaders
We had an amazing time at the beach at a gorgeous house that someone in the church graciously offered to us for 4 days.
I went with one of my co-workers to meet the Pioneer Woman. Come to find out they are related! And she is going to the RANCH in OKLAHOMA!!! She told me she would give my name & number to a cowboy :)
Went to a Dave Barnes concert. He is amazing & his new album is TO DIE FOR. He came out in the audience to sing with us.
Washington Nationals Game (they are not the CUBS and this was no WRIGLEY) but with good company, it doesn't matter where you are!
Now, for this week we are off to the Lincoln Heights neighborhood of DC. It is very similar to Cabrini Green of Chicago. We have a ministry that is in the neighborhood trying to do community development. They have after school clubs, partner with other churches to help disolve gangs, and parent prayer breakfasts to feed and encourage the parents who are hopeless. Please pray for our safety as we will be sleeping & ministering there next week.
AND I get to take a quick trip home May 26-31. I'm so excited to see this little man get dedicated at church, see my sister & bro-in-law's new house, spend time with my grandparents, visit with good friends, and pack up my room & prepare to move into my "big girl" condo at the end of June!
This post made me happy sad. Happy because you look so great and I'm so excited for you, but sad because what in the world! I didn't know like 3 things at least that you listed on here. I am calling you tomorrow. And the next day. Because I just remembered Sunday's are crazy for you. I cannot wait to see you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you got to meet her!! :]
ReplyDelete